Every follower of Christ has been called to live on mission for Him in their community, workplace, school, and neighborhood – we call this missional living. Missional Life Institute is designed to train and equip individuals to Grow Up and live missionally so they can experience Thriving, Psalm 1:3 living.
Missional Life Institute courses are divided into three tracks to help you understand the purpose of each. You do not have to take the courses in the order of the tracks, or in any particular order for that matter. Each class can stand alone and be taken without any prerequisites.
- Introduction to the Bible: This eight-week course providers a basic background of the formation and reliability of the Bible.
- Introduction to Bible Study Methods: This eight-week course teaches the inductive Bible study method centered on Observe, Interpret, and Apply.
- Introduction to the Old Testament: This twelve-week course provides background information (such as author, date, audience, key themes, etc.) of each book of the Old Testament.
- Introduction to the New Testament: This twelve-week course provides background information (such as author, date, audience, key themes, etc.) of each book of the New Testament.
- Introduction to Doctrine 1: This twelve-week course teaches basic doctrines concerning God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Introduction to Doctrine 2: This twelve-week course teaches basic doctrines concerning man & sin, Satan, demons, angels, salvation, and the church.
- Introduction to the Life of Christ: This sixteen week course is offered during two back-to-back eight-week terms and walks through the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as told through a combination of all four Gospels.
- Introduction to Missional Living: This eight-week course explains what it means to be a missional disciple and provides practical tips for how to live missionally.
- Introduction to Evangelism: This eight-week course provides basic evangelism training including helping participants craft their personal story, understand the core elements of the gospel, and conversationally and relationally share their faith. This is the only course that involves light homework during the week.
If you have completed a course, we’d love for you to complete a course evaluation to let us know about your experience.
Online Courses and Guides
View online courses on FBC Tampa’s YouTube channel. All guides and materials are in Adobe PDF format.
Introduction to Spiritual Gifts: This course covers the basics of what Spiritual Gifts are, why they exist, and how they are to be used. An inventory tool is also included.
Revelation Class Student Book
Heaven Class Student Book